Sunday, July 10, 2016

SBPT 2016: Always Opinionated Girl

So the Summer Blogger Promo Tour 2016 continues...

This week my guest is Emily from Always Opinionated Girl.

About Emily (from her blog):
"I’ve been book blogging for almost two years now and I can’t think of anything I’d rather do in my pyjamas, with a cup of tea, late at night. Books are my way of escaping reality, going on adventures and falling in love, over and over again.
Some of my favourite books from this year so far include The Winner’s Curse series, The Revenge Playbook, Walk the Edge and Rebel of the Sands. I’m always eager to fangirl with other book lovers so don’t be afraid to say hi!
As well as being an avid reader, I love TV shows and films, in particular The Flash, Arrow, Scorpion, Zoo, The Last Ship and Agent Carter.
I am a contributor to the blog The Feministas as which can be found at http://www.thefeministas.wordpress.com"


When getting to know people, I am always curious about their reading preferences so I was really happy that Emily was willing to answer some random bookish questions to help us get to know her and her reading choices better.
Let's see what she had to say...

What is your favorite genre to read?
I'm not quite sure if I have a favourite genre. I think it changes regularly. A couple of years ago I would have said dystopia without a doubt and then I went through a period of loving fantasy. Now, I'm really enjoying contemporary but I still read pretty widely and don't tend to stick to one genre.

Do you have a comfort read or reads?  Books you love to re-read?
I love rereading books that I can read quickly and without much effort. My favourite books to re-read are the Finding Sky series as well as Percy Jackson and Rites of Passage. These are all books I can read in one sitting and are just thoroughly enjoyable every time you pick them up.

You are picking books to go in a time capsule and can only select 3, which 3 do you choose?
I'd have to pick books that teach people in the future something important to make the decision. I'd love to put all my books into the time capsule but since I can only pick three, I'll have to go with Harry Potter, All the Rage, and Am I Normal Yet? I feel like all of these books teach something important as they tackle tough issues like feminism, mental health, sexual assault, friendship, grief and love.

Which character(s) would you want as a best friend and why?
For me, the answer to this one is obvious. 100% Hermione Granger. I relate to her so much and I have ever since I first read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. She is geeky, bookish but opinionated and stubborn so I think we're quite alike. I'd definitely be able to have so many interesting conversations with her and she's such a kind, loyal friend.

If you could live in any book world, where would you choose and why?
In my mind, the answer to this one is easy, the Wizarding world. I mean, who wouldn't want to go to Hogwarts. I'd love to visit Hogsmeade, taste Bertie Bott's every flavour beans, receive post by owl and find out what my patronus is. There's so much to explore and find out in the Wizarding world that it would definitely be my number one choice.

What books have been your favorite so far this year?
My five star reads so far this year have been The Winner's Crime, The Winner's Kiss, Rebel of the Sands, Walk the Edge, The Revenge Playbook, Eat Sweat Play and How Hard Can Love Be?

What book(s) are you most looking forward to reading?
I'm really looking forward to reading both The Cursed Child and A Torch Against the Night. I'm so interested to see what J.K. Rowling has managed to come up with and whether she meets the high bar set by the Harry Potter series. I read An Ember in the Ashes earlier this year and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel as I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next and how the characters are going to continue to develop.


Thank you so much to Emily for indulging me and answering my random questions!
I really enjoyed reading her answers and was happy to see that we had quite a bit in common. I mean, who doesn't want to live in the Wizarding World? And Hermione and I would definitely be buddies in real life.
Plus, I just added a few books to my ever-growing TBR list.

Now everyone go show Emily some love over at Always Opinonated Girl!
You can also follow her on Twitter and Goodreads!

And if you want to visit EVERY blog participating in the SBPT, click here for a list!

No comments:

Post a Comment